Are you a teacher, teaching assistant or group leader working with KS3, 4 and Post-16 students? Staff from the World Heritage Site invite you to take a learning tour with them on Friday 13th March 2019 – Free of charge, thanks to the Heritage Lottery Fund and Arts Council funded Great Place Scheme.
Visits and free entry to the following venues will be included:
- Cromford Mills, Cromford
- Birdswood, The Friends of Cromford Canal trip boat
- Sir Richard Arkwright’s Masson Mills
- Derbyshire Record Office
- High Peak Junction Railway Workshops
- Strutt’s North Mill, Belper
You’ll go away with plenty of ideas and opportunities to build knowledge about this great place into your teaching, learning, enrichment and engagement activities, whatever your focus. There is a chance to meet other staff providing learning opportunities at sites along the valley to really discover the range on offer.
- Find out what a World Heritage Site is and why the Derwent Valley Mills was inscribed by UNESCO
- Discover the wide range of learning opportunities available for Key Stage 3, 4 and Post 16 students along this 15 mile site.
- Travel by minibus with expert guides visiting a range of museums, sites and venues to explore their learning offer.
- Discuss and shape what you need for your students – are you looking for work experience? Specific projects? Enrichment Days? STEM subjects?
- Take away some learning activities and trip opportunities that you can share with your students to bring the story of the Derwent Valley Mills to life.
- Find out about the world’s first factories, a hot bed of entrepreneurship and enterprise and the rich history and heritage available to provide a wealth of opportunities that you can unlock for your students
How to book:
Places are limited. To reserve you place email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Derbyshire Environmental Studies Service on 01629 533439.
Please provide your name, school or organisation, contact email and phone number and any specific needs and mobility issues you have so we can ensure you have a successful and enjoyable day.
For more information see Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site Projects.