Derbyshire Record Office is part of Derbyshire County Council, and is based in Matlock. We look after the archives of Derbyshire County Council, Derby City Council and the Anglican Diocese of Derby – but we have lot more besides. You can find out more about what we have got and how you can get to use it on our website. On this blog, you can:
- Read about forthcoming workshops, talks, children’s activities and exhibitions on the Events page.
- See some of the 50 Treasures we have been selecting since our fiftieth anniversary in 2012.
- Find out about what’s currently on display in our rather magnificent Vitrine Wall, which divides the reception area and the archives search room, by checking the What’s in the Wall? page.
- Volunteer to help us improve our catalogue from your own home on the FindersKeepers page.
- Read some of our posts relating to the First World War. If you are involved in commemorations in your area, you should also have a look at the Derbyshire Lives through the First World War blog.