Potter & Co: Completion

Last week I spent 7 hours numbering and reboxing the documents in this collection, which may sound easy but I found it difficult to get all the items back into the 21 boxes they had been previously placed in. I knew they would fit in, but I was not sure how I would do it. I did, however, manage to get them all in (it was like fitting a puzzle together, and unfortunately for me, I am not very good at puzzles!)

Today, I have finished numbering a series that was in a folder, which I decided to keep together to help users with context of the items, and some maps, which are not included in the 21 boxes that I have usually been talking about.

I have also made sure that the location guide used to find the items was up to date, including finding the location of the shirt, which was repackaged by the conservation team (there is an image of this shirt in a previous post) to add to my location guide.

This project has been a bit of a rollercoaster for me as a trainee archivist, I have learnt a lot, especially the fact that as the project has progressed, I have grown by making mistakes, and then correcting said mistakes.

That is me for now, but I will write regular posts on my other projects soon to show the day in the life of a trainee archivist.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s